REGIONAL SURVEYING SERVICES LTD
(RSS Ltd) - (January 2011) - Terms and Conditions
1. This page and documents referred to within it advises you of the terms and conditions on which you may use our services and website – http//:www.rssonline.co.uk
3. Information about us
Regional Surveying Services Ltd (RSS Ltd) are Chartered Builders, Chartered Building Consultants and Building Surveyors. The firm is registered in England and Wales Certificate No. 3590904. Registered office 259/261 Cranbrook Road, Ilford, Essex 1G1 4TG.
All rights in the design, text, graphics and other material on this site and the selection and/or arrangement thereof are the copyright of Regional Surveying Services Ltd. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print a hard copy, portions of this site for your personal use only. Any other use of material on this site (in any form whatsoever) without the strict written approval of Regional Surveying Services Ltd (RSS Ltd) will be at your own risk and deemed unlawful.
5. Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property rights including names and logos, trademarks and domain names belong to Regional Surveying Services Ltd. (RSS Ltd). You must not incorporate material or parts thereof in any publication, website or other work or modify such material without obtaining prior approval in writing from Regional Surveying Services Ltd. (RSS Ltd)
You must not use this website (and or information contained within) in any way that cause or may cause damage, impairment or accessibility to the website. You may only use this website for lawful use. You may not use this website for that breaches any national or international law or regulation or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect. Regional Surveying Services Ltd (RSS Ltd) reserves the right at their sole discretion to deny users access in whole or in part.
7. Privacy Statement
Regional Surveying Services Ltd (RSS Ltd) will not use the information collected as a result of this website for any other purpose than customer care, or individual contact where requested. Regional Surveying Services Ltd (RSS Ltd) confirms that all information will be treated confidentially and in accordance with the legal provisions concerning data protection.
The purpose of any building survey/inspection preceded by a verbal and written instruction identifying costs and professional fees is to recognize its current condition and performance with an overall perspective of achieving the client’s requirements. It should be noted that the assessment will not include an exhaustive list of every defect, only those deemed to be significant as they affect the subject property. The assessing surveyor will be approved by Regional Surveying Services Ltd. (RSS Ltd).
9. The report/survey (for whatever purposes) is not a guarantee or insurance that the property is free from defects whatsoever - apart from those mentioned in the report/survey.
10. The unobtrusive report/survey is completed and an inspection is made of the accessible parts of the property only. There are practical limitations to the scope of the inspection and non-accessible areas will be identified within the report. Notes/photographs are taken during the report/survey which is relied on when producing the final report/survey/drawings for a client. The production of a report/survey/drawing(s) will signify the end of an agreed phase of works.
Building Surveys are generally returned within 7 working days from the date the survey is carried out, whereon the agreed payment is requested by return.
11. No structural calculations shall be carried out. However, where any structural member is showing signs of deflection or failure, this will be stated in the report and recommendations made accordingly.
12. "Further investigation" is defined as whereon the surveyor has reason to suspect/believe that an independent unbiased third party’s examination would be advantageous to the client.
13. The words ‘at risk’, is defined that in the surveyors opinion that element of work requires attention immediately to prevent the defect becoming more serious.
14. Regional Surveying Services Ltd (RSS Ltd) will indicate the use/requirement of other specialist services where they think it is necessary i.e. ‘gas safe, heating, electrical and hazardous substance engineers’.
15. Planning Decisions made by a third party(s), (Planning and/or Conservations Officers) are the decisions made, that cannot be guaranteed by RSS Ltd.
Professional Fees quoted in these terms and conditions are subject to VAT at the current rate of 20%. All clients must satisfy themselves from their own independent enquiries whether VAT is payable. On receipt of an instruction from the client(s) 50% of the Professional Fee is payable on commencement. The balance of the professional fee/disbursements is then to be paid on completion.
17. Payment of fees are due by return, on receipt of commissioned report and invoice.
18. Cancellation of any/all previously agreed professional fees (howsoever occurred) shall revert to an hourly rate of £65/hr (plus any/all disbursements) in recovering the lost and/or abortive costs, unless a previously agreed hourly rate has been agreed between Regional Surveying Services (RSS Ltd) and the client.
19. Whereon the invoice amount is ‘not paid’ and identified on the invoice is to be paid by ’return’, a service charge of 20% per month (or part thereof) will become payable in addition to the invoice sum until the full amount (inclusive of VAT) is received in Full.
20. In the event of a dispute the matter will be dealt with by Mediation. Mediation is an alternative and effective way of dispute procedure without the need to go to court.
21. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.